Exergen Corporation Expands into Austria
Signs marketing and distribution agreement with Balmung Medical Handel for the full line of non-invasive high-tech thermometers for hospitals and healthcare institutions
Exergen Corporation, a global leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for medical applications, announced today that it has signed a marketing and distribution contract with Balmung Medical Handel to market the TAT-5000S professional Temporal Artery Thermometers in Austria.
“Balmung Medical Handel is based in Vienna, Austria”, says Thomas Heger, Head Strategy Procurement Balmung. “Our company was founded in 2004. The company’s line of business includes the wholesale distribution of medical devices, prescription drugs, proprietary drugs, and toiletries. The Temporal Artery Thermometers designed and manufactured by Exergen are a perfect fit for us because the TAT-5000S thermometers is a very advanced and very accurate product for medical professionals like doctors and nurses that sell for a price that is hard to beat”
Highly Accurate, Non-Invasive
They offer many advantages over more traditional methods of determining a patient’s body temperature:
• highly accurate temperature measurement
• fast, safe and comfortable for the patient
• quick and easy to use for both doctors and nurses and at-home users
• low costs, resulting in an average payback period for the TAT-5000 and TAT-2000 of less than 1 year
• the TAT-5000 is very durable and can be used without throw-away sensor caps to avoid unnecessary waste and costs; of course, caps are available if required
• due to its industrial design the TAT-5000 is covered by a Lifetime Guarantee
• the housing of the thermometer is resistant to aggressive disinfectants
• the technology on which these thermometers are based are supported by more than 80 peer-reviewed and published clinical studies
• the TAT-2000C offers at-home users the same accuracy, speed, and reliability as the TAT-5000 and TAT-2000 for use in hospitals – at a very attractive retail price
“Measuring the core body temperature is a crucial first step in the treatment of a patient, especially during a pandemic. That means that doctors and nurses need a fast and very accurate thermometer”, says Dr. Frank Pompei, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Exergen Corporation. “With 15 years in the business Balmung Medical Handel is very well established in Austria. They are the trusted partner of hospitals and healthcare institutions. We are very excited to be able to work with Balmung as our new partner and distributor”
“Our Temporal Artery Thermometers are ideal for patients both young and old because they are noninvasive,” says Dr. Marybeth Pompei, Senior Vice President & Chief Clinical Scientist, Exergen Corporation. “That means they are very comfortable while at the same time very fast and very accurate. With our virtual classroom and other training material we will be able to support our customers with very effective service and support”, adds Dr. Marybeth Pompei.
Exergen Corporation, the leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for industrial and medical applications, delivers non-invasive temperature meters with higher accuracy, ease of use, less process control, and higher reliability than previously possible. With its award-winning arterial thermometer being backed up by over 87 clinical studies, Exergen is known in both the healthcare and consumer markets. The company was founded by Harvard researcher and MIT educated, Dr. Francesco Pompei, who owns more than 70 patents. Exergen Corporation is headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, the United States here the design and production of its products take place.